Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Spam Eliminated?

Maybe in our dreams...

Last night I was reading an article that made a quip about Microsoft and spam. Supposedly just 2 years ago, Microsoft announced that they would eliminate spam in just 2 short years.

Really?

Well, 2 short years later and spam is still growing exponentially. Now, it's not only in emails but blogs too. Over the weekend I played cat & mouse with a spammer on one of my other blogs (yes, I'm a multi-blogger). I tried using all the tools that come with my blog--banning the IP, marketing certain words as spam, and virtual bad thoughts. The spammer just did not seem to get the message. As fast as I deleted the posts for things I'd never mention here, they were coming back. Not only was it really frustrating, but ticked me off that I had to waste my time on it.

My question for the day, what can we all do to make "spam not pay"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home