Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My blog shortcomings

I hate to admit it. But, it's true. I have blog short-comings.

In my effort to address them, I realized that I had to first admit to them. Here they are in all their terrible glory:

-I don't spend as much time preparing posts as I should. I usually sit down and write whatever happens to come to mind. This "free flow" of thought means that I may not keep on topic or concentrate enough on my grammar or punctuation. Since this is a business oriented blog, I feel it should be a bit more "professional" in style. Which leads to my next shortcoming...

-I probably drive English teachers and content editors or "proofers" crazy. Over the years, my writing style has changed to match the unique writing style of the web. That means I sometimes flip back and forth between traditional writing and web writing. It's hell on the sentence and paragraph structure.

-I may be a bit too technical at times. Yes, I live and breath technology and marketing. Which means sometimes I forget that not everyone else does. I really try to keep topics "non-technical" since blogs are built for non-technical" people. However, I know sometimes my geek talk slips in and "non-tech's" (who this blog is focused on) have no idea what I'm talking about.

-I don't post or link as much as I'd like to. It's a time thing. I wish I had more or it.

So, that's all I can handle to publish and work on for today. What about you? Do you have any blog shortcomings? Feel like sharing them with me? Or possibly offering advice as to how to fix my above mentioned ones?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home