Monday, July 18, 2005

The Truth About Blogs Per Someone Else

I've written my own version of the "Truth about Technology" or the "Truth about Blogs". But, somehow it just never seems to be as targeted and as concise as this one statement, "The Truth About Blogs is similar to the Truth About Microphones. Don't give one to a bad singer [or a bad blogger]."

Once again Steven Streight stays on topic and points out some of the more interesting sides of blogging. Make sure to check out his full post.

So, what do you think? And, I guess the most important question is how do we let someone know they need to put down the darn microphone?

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger steven edward streight said...

Microphone abuse? Like in Keroake?

SOLUTION: Get up there and grab it and hand it to someone else, or warble into it your own bad self.

Blog abuse?

Ah, dear one, that is what emails to blog author and comments and posts ab+out other blogs are for.

I post lots of abrasive, confrontational posts at other markeing/business blogs.

That's why not many people visit my blog and post comments.

I'm a rather well-known and shunned blogger.

I don't care: I tell it like I see it, with no punches pulled...ever.

 
At 3:17 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger steven edward streight said...

I have been giving Robert Scoble and Shel Israel 100 Kinds of Hell for allowing comment and trackback spam to sit like booby traps and quicksand in their highly vaunted The Red Couch, or now, ugh, Naked Conversations, I hate saying that, blog about writing a book about how businesses need blogs.

And many other business know, loathe, and fear me.

:^|

 
At 5:33 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Rufo's World said...

Shunned blogger? Really?

Are people really that uptight? Then, I highly recommend they close up their blog and go back to writing printed newsletters. (No one's ever called me politically correct either)

As I like to tell clients, before you even consider blogging, first ask yourself if you are an honest company and can really live with the transparency that is created by blogs. Some organizations can. Some can't.

Overall, the more people get to know an organization or a person through a blog, the more they will either love or hate them. That's not something to run from. Rather, it's something to embrace.

So, keep the "punches" coming. If not for any other reason than to keep things interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home