Thursday, August 04, 2005

Best Times to Blog

A few years ago I read about a writer that disciplined himself to write at least an hour every morning. Even before looking at the first email or listening to the first voicemail. I've tried to emulate him. I try to write every day. Blog's now let me share some of my inner thoughts beyond my computer. Sometimes my writing develops into something. Sometimes it's trash. Either way, I program myself to write. I believe that's the secret. I rarely have "writers block".

In all my professional roles over the years, I've always written something. Whether it was brochure copy, speeches, articles, or even ski reports. I've tried to stick to a similar morning routine. Sometimes I can, sometimes other things take precedence.

Over the years many people have asked me how I come up with the various types of content or even ideas. A lot of it is research. More of it is just plain reading. The more you read, the more your develop opinions, the more you have to say. It's kind of simple that way.

So, here's the moral of today's story boys and girls--- set a time to devote to your blog, then stick to it. For some people it's the morning before the hassles of the day begin. For others it's a lunch break. And, for a small few, there's the night owl's who like to reflect on the happenings of the day.

How hard is it for you to stay disciplined to blogging/writing? Do you tend to do it the same time each day? Let me know. I'm an inquiring mind...

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger steven edward streight said...

I believe that the primary benefit of blogging, beyond client/customer acquisition, is:

improving ones writing, thinking, and networking skills.

Blogging can be a contemplative mental discipline, when done with discipline and passion, as you suggest.

 
At 8:21 AM, August 15, 2005, Blogger Rufo's World said...

Good points. I just wonder how many bloggers actually get them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home